Where Life Is A Beach!
Kid Tested! Family Approved!
Hall Quarry Beach occupies a former stone quarry owned by the Batavia Park District. It has been used as a swimming facility since 1920. It features a sand bottom swimming area covering 60,000 square feet that includes islands, slides, and a diving area. There is a playground and plenty of picnic tables as well. Pool passes are available to residents, and visitors may pay a daily fee. Come visit the beach that Batavia built! Hall Quarry Beach is an award-winning facility of the Batavia Park District!
- Kids Flume
- Wiggle Bridge & Splasher
- Sandy Beach & Swimming Area
- Thrilling Drop Slide
- Zero-Depth Edge for Easy Access
- Large Picnic Area
- Deck Chairs
- Concession Stand
- Sand Volleyball Courts
Looking for a unique location for your next celebration? Look no further than the Hall Quarry Beach. Private rentals are available for birthday parties, family reunions, company picnics, etc. Have exclusive use of the park from 6:30-8:00 pm on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday, including the water features, sand volleyball courts and open grassy area. Rentals start at $300 per hour for parties up to 50 people. Please contact Bethanne Guidarelli, Aquatics Supervisor, at 630-406-5282 x 2066 for more information.
Are you interested in having a birthday party, family get together or a business meeting during open swim hours? You can reserve the deck during open swim for your next party. The deck provides tables, chairs and a space for your guests to store their belongings while they are swimming. The deck will be roped off during your party so only your group will be able to use it. This will be monitored by pool staff. Cost is $125 for up to 3 hours.
Summer 2020 Outdoor Swim Lessons
- Session I: June 8 - June 19
- Session II: July 6 - July 17
- Session III: July 27 - August 7
- Saturdays: June 13 - July 25
- Infant & Toddler
- Water Exploration
- Primary Skills
- Stroke Readiness
- Adult Lap Swim
2020 SEASON PASS INFORMATION
Quarry Season Pass Rates Through May 22*
|Family of 2||$90||$135|
|Family of 3||$135||$205|
|Family of 4||$175||$275|
Quarry Season Pass Rates Starting May 23*
|Family of 2||$130||$185|
|Family of 3||$190||$272|
|Family of 4||$252||$363|
* A family is defined as parents and their children ages 3-23 who are full-time students. Ages 18-23 must provide proof of full-time student status at the time of pass purchase to be included on a family pass. Those 24 years and over and other relatives or persons in the same household are excluded from a family pass.
* Sorry, Season Passes are non-refundable.
10 Punch Pass
Planning on coming to the Quarry numerous times over the season but not looking for a Season Pass? The 10 Punch Pass offers the flexibility of an individual to come to the Quarry on ten visits or share the visits with their friends.
Season Pass Information
Sorry, Season Passes are non-refundable.
- Registration forms will be available at the Civic Center and the Eastside Community Center beginning January 2.
- Pass sales will be offered at the Civic Center and Eastside Community Center during office hours. Starting Saturday, May 23, registration is also available during open hours at the Quarry.
- When registering for a Season Pass or purchasing a 10-punch card, you must show one of the following proofs of residency: Driver's license, property tax bill, state ID or a current lease.
- All full-time babysitters and nannies that work for Batavia Park District families (resident or nonresident) will need to purchase a Resident season pass at the Resident rate. Non-resident children are not eligible to purchase a season pass even though their babysitter or nanny is a Batavia Park District Resident.
- When registering for a new Season Pass, the entire family does not need to be present. Family members not present at registration may have their picture taken at a later date.
- Season Passes must be presented for free admittance. Sorry, no exceptions.
- Misuse of card or failure to abide by rules will result in loss of privileges.
- If a season pass is lost or stolen, a replacement card can be purchased for $5.
Rules & Regulations
Minimum Age Requirements
Children 12 years of age or younger will not be permitted to enter the Hall Quarry Beach facility without the supervision of a responsible person 16 years of age or older. This policy is due to the inability of young children to fully appreciate the dangers of the water and other hazards.
Please abide by the Non-Smoking Policy at the Hall Quarry Beach. This policy will be strongly enforced.
Closings Due to Inclement Weather
The Hall Quarry Beach will be open whenever weather conditions permit. While public safety is our primary responsibility during extreme weather conditions, fiscal responsibility for the taxpayers of the Batavia Park District is our concern during marginal weather conditions. The Batavia Park District reserves the right to close the Hall Quarry Beach at any time during extreme and marginal weather conditions.
Hall Quarry Beach allows picnics and other snack foods. A concession stand is also available. We request guests clean up any garbage created from their food and beverages. Alcoholic beverages and glass containers of any kind are strictly prohibited.
Quarry Exit and Re-entry
Exit and Re-entry within the same day is not permitted without a valid reason. Patrons who have a need to make a short departure from the Quarry are asked to make their intentions known to the cashier or admissions person prior to leaving the park.
Diaper Rule for Young Swimmers
Concerns about the spread of E-coli and other bacteria at aquatic facilities have caused the Illinois Department of Public Health to create new rules requiring non-toilet trained children to wear tight fitting rubber or plastic pants at pools or beaches. To comply with this rule, the Batavia Park District requires all children, 30 months of age or younger, to wear a "swim diaper", a tight fitting rubber or plastic pair of pants or a swimsuit with a rubber or plastic lining. Parents will be required to purchase a swim diaper for their children if they do not have the appropriate garments when entering the park. Swim diapers are available at the Quarry for $1.
- Hall Quarry Beach will not open for public swimming if the air temperature is below 70 degrees.
- Hall Quarry Beach may close if there are less than 20 patrons in the park, or if the air temperature falls below 70 degrees.
- If thunder is heard or lightning is sighted during swimming hours, operations will be suspended for a minimum of 30 minutes or the Quarry will close as is appropriate for the situation.
- Tornado "watches" will be announced to the patrons.
- In the event of a tornado "warning" the park will be closed and all patrons will be directed to immediately leave the facility.
- Parents are required to pick-up their children or make arrangements for their children to be picked up promptly. Please make sure your children have telephone numbers and names of people they can contact for rides to reach home safely.
- NO rain tickets will be issued.
Proper Swimwear Requirements
- Proper swimwear required. All patrons under the age of 30 months must wear a swim diaper, tight fitting rubber or plastic pants, or a swimsuit with a rubber or plastic lining. Children without one of these garments ill not be permitted to go on the sand beach or enter the water.
- All patrons over the age of 30 months must wear a swimsuit before entering the water, cutoffs and street clothes are not permitted. Patrons may wear a tee shirt over their swimsuit. Patrons wearing swimsuits with zippers or any other metal objects may not use the slides. No boxer shorts allowed under swimwear.
- Deep water passes must be worn on suits.
Supervision of Children
- Children 12 years of age or younger will not be allowed into the beach facility without supervision due to the inability to fully appreciate the danger of the water and other hazards.
- No person 15 years or younger will be authorized to supervise a child 12 years or younger.
Food & Beverages
- Hall Quarry Beach allows picnics and other snack foods. A concession stand is also available. We request guests clean up any garbage created from their food and beverages.
- Alcoholic beverages and glass containers of any kind are strictly prohibited.
- Running is prohibited on decks and stairways.
- Hall Quarry Beach is a non-smoking facility. There are designated smoking areas outside the facility.
- Games which interfere with the safety of swimmers are prohibited.
- For the safety of our swimmers, the Batavia Park District reserves the right to require a deep water swimming test for all patrons who enter the deep water areas.
- Admission to the beach is refused to all persons having any contagious disease, infectious conditions such as colds, fever, ringworm, foot infections, skin lesions, carbuncles, boils, inflamed eyes, ear discharges, or any other condition that has the appearance of being infected. Persons with excessive sunburn, abrasions which have not healed, corn plasters, bunion pads, adhesive tape, and rubber bandages or any kind are not permitted.
- No hardballs, tennis balls, or racquetballs allowed.
- No masks or snorkels allowed.
- No balls or flotation devices permitted in the deep water areas.
- Batavia Park District is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Diving in the shallow water is not permitted.
- Swimming will not be permitted after sunset.
- Caution shall be exercised in the use of diving board and platforms.
- Bouyed lines mark the 5 foot depth of the water. Depths beyond the buoyed lines are greater than 5 feet.
- 50 meter lanes will close when the north beach is closed.
Code of Conduct
To provide an enjoyable environment for everyone, patrons using the Hall Quarry Beach are required to comply with specific standards of behavior established by the Batavia Park District. Copies of the Code of Conduct are available at the Quarry, Civic Center and the Eastside Community Center. Parents are asked to review the Code of Conduct with their children.
- Spitting, spouting of water, blowing from the nose or otherwise introducing contaminants into the beach water area is not permitted.
- A person under the influence of alcohol or exhibiting erratic behavior shall not be permitted into Hall Quarry Beach.